Work experience is a popular part of this course. Local employers in all areas are generous with their time, and current learners cite this as a really valuable and hugely enjoyable part of the course. You will also participate in the organisation of a dynamic event which is attended by local dignitaries. First aid and sign language were included as enrichment this year.
This course is run over three and a half days a week and is ideal if you want a career in administration – either in a medical, legal or other relevant environment. You will study the Certificate in Administration at Level 2 and the Diploma in Text Processing at Level 2, with opportunities to progress to Level 3 if appropriate. You will choose either a medical or legal pathway whereby you will gain an invaluable insight into these specialist areas. Educational visits to the local hospital and the local court, as well as selected speakers, are part of this comprehensive programme. The result at the end of the year is a comprehensive and professional CV that is highly valued by employers!
- Level 2 Certificate in Administration
- Level 2 Diploma in Text Processing
- Medical Aspects Internal Certification or
- Legal Aspects Internal Certification
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Medical Aspects/Legal Aspects
- Handling Diary System
- Written Business Communication
- Working in a Business Environment
- Text Production/Audio Transcription/Mail Merge/Word Processing/Document Presentation
Internal and external methods of assessment are used. This course includes two weeks of work experience in an appropriate setting.
All full-time learners will be required to study Functional Skills at the appropriate level. These will be in maths, English and in some cases ICT. Attendance to these sessions is mandatory, please refer to the Functional Skills page of the website.
- Good level of English
- Sucessful interview and initial assessment
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Business
- Level 3 Diploma in Access to HE
Employment options may include:
- Legal or Medical Secretarial
- Office Administration
- Event Organisation