Training is undertaken in a practical working environment in our superb training/commercial salons and clinic. An option to study additional certificates in: ear piercing, nail art, tooth gems, skin care products and PHD waxing is available.
Please Note: All workshops will incur a charge and are not part of the formal Level 2 qualification structure.
A career in beauty therapy offers an endless number of exciting opportunities. Managing and running your own salon, cruising the world on a luxury liner, working in a prestigious health farm or spa, or teaching your skills to others at a college or private centre. These are just a few of the opportunities available in this dynamic industry.
The beauty and holistic therapy department is a relaxed and professional growth area of HCT. Our fabulous clinic and salon are fully equipped with the latest industry products and equipment and our clients include fellow learners, staff and members of the public.
All of our courses combine theory and practical learning, providing learners with a thorough professional understanding of the business.
This course is designed for any individual who is interested in and has a passion for beauty therapy and high standards of customer service.
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below:
- Health and Safety
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Improve and maintain facial condition
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Remove hair using wax techniques
- Provide manicure treatment
- Provide pedicure treatment
- Provide make-up treatment
You will be assessed on a continuous basis within a realistic working environment. You will also be required to produce a portfolio of evidence to be certified by your assessors. Theoretical aspects of the programme will mainly be assessed through assignments and internal and external test papers.
All full-time learners will be required to study Functional Skills at the appropriate level. These will be in maths, English and in some cases ICT. Attendance to these sessions is mandatory, please refer to the Functional Skills section of this website for more details.
- GCSE passes in English, maths and science
- Successful interview and initial assessment
- Attend the skills test/taster day
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
Employment options may include:
- Junior Beauty Specialist within a salon or spa
- Beauty Consultant
- Self-employed Beauty Specialist
Contact: 0800 032 1986