Travel and Tourism - Level 3
We offer a range of exciting trips and visits to develop your learning experience. This includes UK day visits and, this year, a European residential trip to Spain. We have also travelled to New York and Los Angeles.
We have specialist tutors who have strong links within the industry, which enables learners to gain the experience and knowledge needed to succeed.
The travel and tourism industry is one of the major contributors to the UK and world economies.
In the UK alone, the industry employs around 2.6 million people and is growing all the time. This is a dynamic and exciting programme that has been designed in line with industry needs. Learners will have the opportunity to travel overseas to European and long-haul destinations in both years one and two. You will have a structured programme involving industry guest speakers and visits which will enhance your studies and knowledge.
Level 3 Subsidiary/Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism (equivalent to 3 A levels)
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Long-haul Destinations
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Entertainment for Holiday Makers
- UK and European Destinations
Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work.
All full-time learners will be required to study Functional Skills at the appropriate level. These will be in maths, English and in some cases ICT. Attendance to these sessions is mandatory, please refer to the Functional Skills section of this website for more details.
- 4 GCSE passes at grade C or above (including either science, maths or English)
- Or a Merit or Distinction in Level 2 Travel and Tourism
- Successful interview and initial assessment
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
- A valid passport
Study options may include:
- University Degree
- Access to higher education
Employment options may include:
- Airline Cabin Crew
- Overseas Holiday Representative
- Cruise Customer Relations
Contact: 0800 032 1986