This is a University of Warwick course designed for intending and practising teacher/trainers in the lifelong learning sector. The course is intended for those with an associate teaching role, for example teaching on a one to one basis or teaching on a programme that is confined to one level/ subject/type of learner.
The course is available to anyone who teaches/trains young people (normally post-14) and adults, particularly:
- Practising full and part-time teachers/trainers within the broad field of education and training. This includes higher, further and adult education, leisure and youth workers, training personnel in HM Forces
- Intending teachers, provided they are adequately qualified in the subject they wish to teach and can obtain practical teaching experience
- Training personnel in industry, commerce and public services
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications on entry:
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- A Level 3 qualification in their vocational area
- Hold NQF Level 1 qualifications in English language and maths
- Applicants with existing teaching qualifications may be exempt from some aspects of the programme
- The learning environment
- Planning teaching and learning
- Reflective practice
Participants must also undertake 30 hours of teaching practice and maintain a Professional Development Portfolio.
Herefordshire College of Technology and University of Warwick
Duration: 42 Hours + PTLLS
Time: Tuesday evenings, 17.00 - 21.00 and Wednesday evenings, 18.00 - 20.00
Course Fees: £925.00 (at present)
All fees are subject to change, please check with the University of Warwick and see the Finance for HE page of this website.
Application: HCT Application Form
Call: 0800 032 1986