This course is designed to improve the career prospects of learners who are working within the engineering industry and who wish to progress their career. The HNC will support a career path in mechanical, manufacturing, electrical/electronic, production, project management and related disciplines.
You should have one of the following:
- BTEC National Certificate or Level 3 Diploma with minimum merit profile in a related discipline
- Passes at grade C or above in two or more A Levels (80 UCAS tariff points) in relevant subjects
Consideration is given to mature learners who may not meet these entry requirements.
The BTEC/Edexcel Higher National Certificate is primarily an academic, work related course and is made up of ten units. Some of the units are compulsory core units and there is a choice of specialist options, subject to demand.
Typical units are as follows:
- Engineering science
- Analytical methods for engineers
- Mechanical or electrical principles
- Business management
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Programming logic controllers
Successful completion of the two-year course enables the student to study for a Top Up Higher National Diploma (HND) or to move on to study at degree level. Alternatively, employment may be gained in a supervisory/technical capacity.
Duration: 2 years
Course Fees: £2500 (at present)
All fees are subject to change, please check with the relevant provider and see the Finance for HE page of this website.
Please contact the course tutor for advice
Call: 0800 032 1986