The OCR Level 5 QCF Diploma in Teaching Learners with Dyslexia/ Specific Learning Difficulties has been developed to recognise candidates’ skills, knowledge and understanding of the special educational needs sector and their ability to deliver effective teaching sessions to learners with dyslexia/specific learning difficulties affecting literacy and numeracy.
The qualification would be appropriate for teachers and other professionals working within one phase of educational provision – primary, secondary or adult (post 16), who work with learners experiencing significant difficulties with the acquisition and development of literacy and numeracy skills.
The qualification is designed primarily for qualified and practising teachers and other professionals who hold recognised professional qualifications.
Candidates should possess an appropriate level of learning support experience and should have unrestricted access to appropriate teaching and assessment practice. It is anticipated that candidates will have a high level of skill and be working at or above the equivalent of Level 3 in the following areas: literacy, numeracy and ICT.
This course aims to:
- Develop candidates’ understanding of dyslexia/specific learning difficulties affecting learning and cognition
- Develop candidates’ understanding of the context of learning and of the national and regional policies which affect SEN policies and provision within their own workplace
- Develop candidates’ abilities to identify the needs of learners with dyslexia/specific learning difficulties, using observation and evidence based assessment
- Develop candidates’ abilities to plan, deliver, review and evaluate effective teaching programmes for learners with specific learning difficulties, both in individual and small group settings
- To develop candidates’ ability to work with others in supporting learners with specific learning difficulties
Duration: 1 year
Time: 17.00 - 20.00
£825.00 (at present)
All fees are subject to change, please check with the relevant provider and see the Finance for HE page of this website.
HCT Application Form
Call: 0800 032 1986