NVQs have evolved to meet the needs of the modern business world and continue to evolve in line with legislation and technical competence. NVQs are delivered fully in the workplace and employers play a vital role in contributing to the development of the standards for NVQs, which means they are regularly reviewed to match employers’ business needs. Employees benefit from the knowledge our fully occupationally competent assessors bring to the training and develop their skills.
NVQs are work based, competence based qualifications, and they demonstrate the employee’s skills, knowledge and understanding of their role within the workplace, they are a practical based qualification and concentrates on real skills for real jobs. They are proof that your staff can do their jobs effectively, are efficient and hold an internationally recognised qualification that demonstrates their competence to a national standard.
NVQs were developed for industry by sector skills councils in partnership with employers. They are delivered fully in the workplace and employers play a vital role in how NVQs are developed, they are regularly reviewed to match changing business needs.
Research shows that NVQs:
- Are relevant to business needs and focused on job needs
- Fit around your business needs eliminating costly downtime or disruption
- Improves the bottom line by increasing productivity, performance and enables your company to be more competitive
- Develops a more positive and motivated workforce
- Reduces sickness absenteeism and lowers staff turnover
- Help staff to become more adaptable to meet the changing requirements of modern businesses
- Workforce developed in the skills relevant to your business
- Increases staff motivation
- Work based qualification - employees learn whilst on the job
NVQs are a low cost solution to help your business improve and in many cases can be free under the governments skills agenda. Our Employer Engagement team will be happy to advise you on what funding is available, please contact us today.